Pregnancy is an exciting time in a woman’s life, and can also bring many questions. We’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions in the list below.
May I drink pop/soda?
- Yes, in moderation.
How much can I exercise?
- If you have been active, you may continue. Exercise at a pace where you can talk comfortably.
What should I do for a cold?
- Drink a lot of fluids, eat well, and rest. A vaporizer may help. Tylenol, Sudafed, and Dimetapp are permitted.
May I be in a house if the interior is being painted?
- Yes. Make sure there is good ventilation.
What can I take for heartburn?
- You may try Rolaids, Maalox, or Tums. You can also try Pepcid AC or Zantac.
May I travel?
- If your pregnancy is uncomplicated, yes. For auto travel, plan to stop every two hours before getting out to walk. After 34 weeks, check with your doctor. If you plan to fly, check with the airlines for any restrictions.
What do I do for hemorrhoids?
- Purchase Anusol HC or Preparation H at the pharmacy and follow directions on the box. Use a stool softener such as Metamucil, Citrucel, and Senokot.
May I take any medication for a headache?
- Headaches are not uncommon during the first 17 weeks. If needed, plain or Extra Strength Tylenol may be used according to package directions.
Are dental x-rays and Novocaine OK?
- Local anesthesia is acceptable. Be sure your abdomen is shielded if necessary to have dental x-rays.
May I use a tanning booth?
- Using a tanning booth is not recommended. Use sunscreen when outdoors and in the sun.
May I use a hot tub?
- Hot tub use is not recommended during pregnancy.
What if I’ve been exposed to chickenpox?
- This shouldn’t be a problem if you already have chickenpox. If you are unsure if you have had chickenpox, inform your doctor or nurse-midwife. A blood test can be done to see if you had chickenpox in the past and are immune. Try to stay away from anyone infected. If you are not immune and are exposed to someone with chickenpox, let your doctor know right away.
What symptoms should I report to my doctor?
- Severe headaches, contractions, bleeding, cramping, fluid loss from the vagina, decreased movement of your baby, fever over 100.4 degrees, severe or sudden swelling (face, hands, ankles, or feet), or blurred vision.
What can I do about constipation?
For constipation, try high fiber foods such as:
- Bran, whole grains, cereals
- Fruit (fresh or dried)
- Raw vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, celery, etc.)
- Cooked vegetables (cauliflower, potatoes, rhubarb, string beans, corn, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, etc.)
You may also try Metamucil, Citrucel, Fibercon, Milk of Magnesia, Colace, or Surfak.
Can anything be done to stop morning sickness?
To PREVENT morning sickness, try the following suggestions until you find one that works:
- Eat a piece of bread or a few crackers before you get out of bed in the morning or feel nauseated.
- Get out of bed slowly. Avoid sudden movements.
- Have some yogurt, cottage cheese, juice, or milk before going to bed or getting up.
Try one of these if you have to get up during the night:
- Eat several small meals during the day, so your stomach doesn’t remain empty for very long.
- Eat high protein foods-eggs, cheese, nuts, meat, etc., and fruits and fruit juices.
- Drink soups and other liquids between meals instead of with meals.
- Avoid greasy or fried foods. They are hard to digest.
- Avoid spicy, heavily seasoned foods.
To REMEDY morning sickness, try these suggestions:
- Sip soda water (carbonated water) when you feel nauseated.
- Take deep breaths.
- Drink spearmint, raspberry leaf, or peppermint tea.
- Taking 200 mg of Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCL) in the morning or evening may help.
Emetrol can be purchased over the counter at any pharmacy and is safe.
3 Central Florida Locations To Serve You
We have three locations to serve you better, each with their own unique convenience factors.
Visit us at the Advent Health Celebration Hospital to access our Celebration office.
410 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747
Our Davenport office is located across from Advent Heart of Florida Hospital.
2209 North Boulevard West, Suite C, Davenport, FL 33837
Our Winter Garden office is located conveniently off the 429 and Highway 50.
1997 Daniels Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Our entire team is dedicated to you
We Help You Navigate Healthcare Decisions With Confidence
We Have Decades of Medical Experience and Providing Compassionate Care.
What Our Patients Say
Dr. Kim was amazing. Took his time to educate me, made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions. The entire staff is amazing! The scheduling coordinator went above and beyond to get my appointments lined up and scheduled as soon as possible. My nurse was amazing as well. Highly recommend this office!
What an exceptional experience! I have never been to a nicer medical office. Ever! I was let called in after a second of completing my check in and everyone was so very nice. I wish i knew the name of the assistant that answered all our questions, she was very nice and informative. Don’t hesitate ladies!
The staff and everyone I met on the care team were extremely warm, kind, and knowledgeable. Although visit times are short, they made sure to explain everything thoroughly and made sure I understood. Even though they spoke quickly (lots of info to share in a short 15 minute slot) I never felt rushed or dismissed. I highly recommend this location and especially Dawn.