Health Insurance Education: Understanding Key Health Insurance Terms
By: Jill White (Information taken from Healthcare.gov.)
As 2021 comes to a close and we head into a new calendar year, many patients are looking for help in understanding their health insurance benefits. Insurance plans are specific to each company that provides coverage and can differ in which providers you can see and how much you have to pay. At the beginning of every calendar year, the majority of insurance deductibles “reset” which requires patients to cover the amount of their deductible before they can receive payment from their insurance company. It is important to understand your costs and key health insurance terms, so you’ll know what services your plan will pay for and how much each visit or medicine will cost.
Important key words explained (Healthcare.gov)
- Deductible: The amount you owe for covered health care services before your health insurance or plan begins to pay.
- Copayment: An amount you pay as your share of the cost for a medical service or item, like a doctor’s visit.
- Coinsurance: Your share of the cost for a covered health care service, usually calculated as a percentage (like 20%) of the allowed amount for the service.
- Premium: The amount you pay for your health insurance or plan each month.
- Network: The doctors, hospitals, and suppliers your health insurer has contracted with to deliver health care services to their members.
We understand how challenging it is to understand how all of the costs of healthcare affects you. We have team members dedicated to assisting you with your personal health insurance benefits! For questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call us at 407-566-BABY (2229).
Below is an article we found to be helpful. Simply click on the link below!!
Celebration Obstetrics & Gynecology
Call Toll Free: (877) 800-0239
TWO LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU!
410 Celebration Place Suite 208
Celebration, FL 34747
2209 North Blvd, Ste. C
Davenport, FL 33837