Celebrating Father’s Day: Five Important Ways Fathers Impact Child Development
When it comes to parenting, it can sometimes feel like fathers are second best. Some depictions of dads in popular culture push the stereotype of fathers as incompetent, emotionally disconnected, and “secondary” parents who are not nearly as important to their children as their mothers. Although a mother’s love is important and special, having an active father figure plays an equally important role in the healthy development of a child.
Here are 5 important ways fathers impact child development:
- Increase Intellect. Studies show that children with fathers who are actively involved throughout the 1st year of their child’s life perform better on cognitive development assessments and demonstrate an increased capacity for curiosity and exploration.
- Boost Confidence. Children with supportive fathers that value and love them are more likely to have high self-esteem and are generally happier and more confident.
- Someone to Look Up To. Fathers provide a positive male role model for their children and help to promote/reinforce good behaviors.
- Provide A Different Perspective. Children are naturally full of questions, and mothers and fathers approach those questions in different ways. Active fathers have a unique opportunity to share their perspectives on life and teach their kids valuable life skills!
- Feel the Love! Having an active father makes a child feel loved. Having dad as a steady source of love and encouragement helps ensure that children grow up happy, healthy, and with high self-esteem.
Being an active father is one of the most important things you can do for your child. For the full article head click here!
Celebration Obstetrics & Gynecology
Call Toll Free: (877) 800-0239
THREE LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU!
410 Celebration Place Suite 208
Celebration, FL 34747
2209 North Blvd, Ste. C
Davenport, FL 33837
Winter Garden Office
1997 Daniels Rd.
Winter Garden, FL 34787