21 Reasons To See A Gynecologist Before You Turn 21
By: The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists (May 2020)
Although most teens do not need to have a Pap test until they are 21 years old, there are at least 21 reasons to see a gynecologist before then.
- Learn about healthy lifestyles, overall wellness, and feeling good about yourself.
- Discuss good habits for healthy bones.
- Learn about urinary tract infections (UTI) and the treatment options.
- Get treatment for vaginal itching, discharge, or other symptoms.
- Learn if your periods are normal.
- Get relief if your periods are painful.
- Discuss the causes of heavy periods.
- Discuss the timing of your periods and why bleeding may occur in between.
- Learn ways to deal with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
SEXUALITY & RELATIONSHIPS
- Learn how to have healthy romantic relationships.
- Learn what it means to be in a consensual relationship.
- Ask questions about what it means to be lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ).
- Learn about safe sex.
- Talk about how your reproductive system works.
- Discuss family planning options.
- Discuss the ideal time to start a family.
- Get tested for pregnancy.
- Begin your prenatal care.
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS
- Learn how to lower your risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Get tested for STIs and HIV if you are sexually active.
- Get the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine.
“When you meet with us here at Celebration ObGyn, our goal is to give you a chance to ask questions and learn about your health (body, mind & spirit) in a safe, open and nonjudgmental environment. Growing up can be scary and sometimes you do not know who or what to ask. No question is silly and all questions are welcomed! When we have facts about our health, we then have a solid foundation to grow and learn together to help you make the best decisions you can about your overall health.” Suzette C. Boyette, MSN, APRN
Celebration Obstetrics & Gynecology
Call Toll Free: (877) 800-0239
TWO LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU!
410 Celebration Place Suite 208
Celebration, FL 34747
2209 North Blvd, Ste. C
Davenport, FL 33837