Sexual health is the state of physical, mental, and social well-being about sexuality. It requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships. Sexual health includes having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences free of coercion, discrimination, and violence.
Sexual health is the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality. It is an integral part of our physical and emotional health. Being sexually healthy means:
- Understanding that sexuality is a natural part of life involves more than sexual behavior.
- Recognizing and respecting the sexual rights we all share.
- Having access to sexual health information, education, and care.
- Trying to prevent unintended pregnancies and STDs and seeking care and treatment when needed.
- Being able to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to communicate about sexual health with others, including sexual partners and healthcare providers.
Sexual health also encompasses a range of public health and clinical issues related to the prevention of sexually transmitted infections. The concept of sexual health is of fundamental relevance to all aspects of preventing sexually transmitted diseases.
Celebration Obstetrics & Gynecology
Call Toll Free: (877) 800-0239
THREE LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU!
410 Celebration Place Suite 208
Celebration, FL 34747
2209 North Blvd, Ste. C
Davenport, FL 33837
Winter Garden Office
1997 Daniels Rd.
Winter Garden, FL 34787