Sexual health is the state of physical, mental, and social well-being in relation to sexuality. It requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships. Sexual health also includes having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences that are free of coercion, discrimination, and/or violence.
Sexual health is the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality throughout our lives. It is an important part of our physical and emotional health. Being sexually healthy means:
- Understanding that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more than sexual behavior.
- Recognizing and respecting the sexual rights we all share.
- Having access to sexual health information, education, and care.
- Trying to prevent unintended pregnancies and STDs and seeking care and treatment when needed.
- Being able to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to communicate about sexual health with others including sexual partners and healthcare providers.
Sexual health also encompasses a range of public health and clinical issues related to the prevention of sexually transmitted infections. The concept of sexual health is of fundamental relevance to all aspects of prevention of sexually transmitted infections.
Celebration Obstetrics and Gynecology
Call Toll Free: (877) 800-0239
TWO LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU!
410 Celebration Place Suite 208
Celebration, FL 34747
2209 North Blvd, Ste. C
Davenport, FL 33837