Celebration Obstetrics & Gynecology
May I drink pop/soda?
Yes, in moderation.
How much can I exercise?
If you have been active, you may continue. Exercise at a pace where you can talk comfortably.
What should I do for a cold?
Drink a lot of fluids, eat well, and rest. A vaporizer may help. Tylenol, Sudafed, and Dimetapp are permitted.
May I be in a house if the interior is being painted?
Yes. Make sure there is good ventilation.
What can I take for heartburn?
You may try Rolaids, Maalox, or Tums. You can also try Pepcid AC or Zantac.
May I travel?
If your pregnancy is uncomplicated, yes. For auto travel, plan to stop every two hours to get out to walk. After 34 weeks, check with your doctor. If you plan to fly, check with the airlines for any restrictions.
What do I do for hemorrhoids?
Purchase Anusol HC or Preparation H at the pharmacy and follow directions on the box. Use a stool softener such as Metamucil, Citrucel, Senokot.
May I take any medication for a headache?
Headaches are not uncommon during the first 17 weeks. If needed, plain or Extra Strength Tylenol may be used according to package directions.
Are dental x-rays and Novocaine OK?
Local anesthesia is fine. Be certain your abdomen is shielded if it is absolutely necessary to have dental x-rays.
May I use a tanning booth?
Using a tanning booth is not recommended. Use sunscreen for outdoors in the sun activities.
May I use a hot tub?
Hot tub use is not recommended during pregnancy.
What if I’ve been exposed to chicken pox?
There should be no problem if you have already had chicken pox. If you are unsure if you have had chicken pox, inform your doctor or nurse midwife. A blood test can be done to see if you had chicken pox in the past and are immune. Try to stay away from anyone infected. If you are not immune and are exposed to someone with chicken pox, let your doctor know right away.
What symptoms should I report to my doctor?
Severe headaches, contractions, bleeding, cramping or any loss of fluid from the vagina, decreased movement of your baby, fever over 100.4 degrees, severe or sudden swelling (face, hands, ankles, or feet), or blurred vision.
What can I do about constipation?
For constipation, try high fiber foods such as:
- Bran, whole grains, cereals
- Fruit (fresh or dried)
- Raw vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, celery, etc.)
- Cooked vegetables (cauliflower, potatoes, rhubarb, string beans, corn, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, etc.)
You may also try Metamucil, Citrucel, Fibercon, Milk of Magnesia, Colace, or Surfak.
Can anything be done to stop morning sickness?
To PREVENT morning sickness, try the following suggestions until you find one that works:
- Eat a piece of bread or a few crackers before you get out of bed in the morning or when you feel nauseated.
- Get out of bed slowly. Avoid sudden movements.
- Have some yogurt, cottage cheese, juice, or milk before you go to bed or before you get up.
Or try one of these if you have to get up during the night:
- Eat several small meals during the day so your stomach doesn’t remain empty for very long.
- Eat high protein foods-eggs, cheese, nuts, meat, etc-as well as fruits and fruit juices.
- Drink soups and other liquids between meals instead of with meals.
- Avoid greasy or fried foods. They are hard to digest.
- Avoid spicy, heavily seasoned foods.
To REMEDY morning sickness, try these suggestions:
- Sip soda water (carbonated water) when you begin to feel nauseated.
- Take deep breaths.
- Drink spearmint, raspberry leaf, or peppermint tea.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCL) 200 mg. in the morning or evening may help
Emetrol can be purchased over the counter at any pharmacy and is safe to use.
Celebration Obstetrics And Gynecology
Call Toll Free: (877) 800-0239
TWO LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU!
410 Celebration Place Suite 208
Celebration, FL 34747
Celebration Obstetrics & Gynecology – Davenport
2209 North Blvd, Ste. C
Davenport, FL 33837